Sunday, December 14, 2014
Entry #11. Blogs.
I have never blogged before this semester. Well, I have a tumblr but that's not really "blogging" it's more reposting. However, after this assignment, I adore it. Using blogging in substitute of a writing project is fantastic. It's a lot easier to write a bunch of blog posts over the course of 8 weeks, rather than one more writing project in two weeks. It allows us to work on blog posts, along with other assignments. Furthermore, blogging allows for some more visuals than the typical writing project. In blogs, I can use video, music, and links to convey what I'm trying to say, rather than just words. Blogging's also beneficial as I can write something about a topic, then find something someone else wrote about the same topic. However, blogging can also have it's disadvantages. When blogging, the format is less formal so arguments may become less supported. Additionally, there is a chance of using too many visuals. It's easy to use images and video and have nothing to support the argument. Plus, too many visuals can be distracting and lead away from the original claim. By blogging, I learned the importance of visuals. Many previous English classes have shyed away from using visuals as a tool by either not even telling the students about them or saying not to use them. However, within this semester, using visuals have been an important part of our writing process. Additionally, by using blogging, it has brought technology and writing together. Many English professors I've experienced have not enjoyed technology, instead preferring old school, out dated methods. All in all, blogging was exceptionally useful. It allowed me to improve my writing in chunks rather than in one large essay, and it allowed me to learn how to incorporate visuals and writing. Additionally, it was nice to have every even post be about our own topic. I really enjoyed being able to write about things I enjoy and am passionate about such as my work, tattoos, and my family, and still receive points for it.
Labels:
blogs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogging is a much easier than an essay for sure. I also enjoyed the freedoms of blogging. One of my favorite parts was reading others opinions. Hope you have a good holiday:)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you found value and enjoyment in the blog project, Shelby. I say: Keep blogging!
ReplyDelete