Saturday, November 15, 2014

Entry #4. Lemon Bars.

Man, I love desserts. Chocolate desserts, cookie desserts, ice cream desserts, bar desserts, yellow desserts, white dessert, I like all kinds of desserts. Well except cake. I'm not a huge cake fan. Especially chocolate cake. It's too... chocolate-y. But, I digress. My favorite dessert is lemon bars, and not to brag or anything, but I can make a pretty rad batch.

(Lemon bars made by me)
Look at this glorious creation. Tangy, sweet and throw some powdered sugar and you got yourself an amazing dessert. I'll share with you a fantastic lemon bar recipe I got from my aunt to make this delicious delicacy. 

The Best Lemon Bars You'll Ever Make
For the Crust:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
-In a medium bowl, mix the butter, flour and sugar together until its the consistency of cookie dough. -Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.

For the filling:
6 eggs
2  1/4cups white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 lemons, juiced
Some lemon juice (optional- if you want your bars to be a bit more on the tangy side)

While the crust is baking:
-Zest 2 of the lemons in a mixing bowl.
-Add the sugar and flour and whisk together until evenly incorporated.
-Juice all 3 of the lemons and add juice to the bowl.
-Add the eggs and whisk everything together until smooth. Add optional lemon juice.
-Once the crust is golden brown, pour the filling mixture over the hot crust and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
-Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
-Sprinkle with powder sugar just before you cut and serve.

Violá! You just made yourself some rad lemon bars.


4 comments:

  1. Well seeing this made me crave some kind of desert because these look absolutely amazing!!! Typically I am a terrible cook/baker but your recipe and instructions to make these seem like they are fairly simple to make! So I may just have to give these a try sometime and I will comment back to let you know how it goes, Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried lemon bar before but I would have to make some this week or weekend to try it. It does look good in your picture and thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound delicious, Shelby! It's been years since I've made lemon bars. However, you've inspired me to make them again. Have you tried the lemon curd from Trader Joe's? It is so, so good. I often mix it with greek yogurt and sometimes put it in smoothies and on english muffins. I love all lemon flavored things though so I may be biased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't tried the lemon curd! On my next shopping list! :)

      Delete